April 06, 2013

Hanna Barbera Show @ Van Eaton Gallery

THE HB SHOW

April 6th, 2013
6pm - 10pm

Here's the link.

You should know something about me. I love old Hanna Barbera. The charming cartoons, Ed Benedict's masterful designs, the BG paintings by Art Lozzi, Fernando Montealegre, Robert Gentle and others (all overseen by Walt Peregoy) and especially the Golden Books! Greats like Hawley Pratt, Mel Crawford, Al White, Norm McGary and others captured these characters at their best. Their work has been hugely inspirational to me and while I can never hope to be as good as the names above, I was very happy to be invited to participate in the HB group show at Van Eaton Gallery.

I will now shut my face and show you my painting for the show, which was super fun to do. Also, I included some some unhelpful process photos and even a shot of my dumpy little work area, below.

The Collection - 8.5" x 14" cel vinyl acrylic




7 comments:

Unknown said...

So wonderful! Great work!

Britni Brault said...

Wow!!

Rosemary Travale said...

This is amazing! And thank you for sharing your process shots. I always love to see those from other artists

scott vanden bosch said...

Very nice! and great to see your work area !

pakoto said...

love the idea! great work buddy

Drake Brodahl (pumml) said...

Thanks, you guys!

Anonymous said...

I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. You need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... Success for you.....!!!